DITA, and XMetaL working with FM

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Dec 1 18:01:26 PST 2005

Hi Hedley,

> And has anybody purchased FrameMaker Server, whatever that is?  The Adobe
> site is rather coy but says that (somehow) you can process RTF, XML, and
> Auld Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all in some kind of batch process.  So what
> IS FM Server?  Is it some kind of command-line version of FM, i.e. fmbatch
> resurrected on Windows.

I am not sure about FrameMaker 7.2, but the previous FrameMaker Server
versions were exactly the same as the single-license version, except for one
thing--the license. I spoke to a couple of users that were disappointed that
there was no additional functionality.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267