DZbatcher and filenames with spaces

Brent Gossett brent_gossett at filemaker.com
Wed Dec 7 15:07:27 PST 2005

Windows XP, SP2, NTFS file system
FrameMaker 7.2
DZbatcher 3.2.0

I¹m trying to open a Frame file using DZbatcher.  The filename contains
spaces, though.  I¹ve tried ³escaping² the filename by surrounding it with
quotes, but it still doesn¹t open.  Here¹s the command-line session:

dzbatcher-> open "the basics.fm"
Waiting for Frame results...
Frame reports error 2:
Cannot find the file named [C:\test\the].
Make sure that the file exists.
Frame reports error 2:
Cannot find the file named [C:\test\basics.fm].
Make sure that the file exists.

 done.
dzbatcher->

It appears to ignore the quotes and tries to process the one filename as if
it were two (the result is the same without quotes). It works fine as long
as the filename has no spaces, though.  I get the same result when I pass
DZbatcher commands via a command file.

Is there a way to make DZbatcher handle filenames with spaces?

Thanks,
Brent