cut off graphic

Yves Barbion ybarbion at uni-learning.com
Thu Dec 8 07:09:13 PST 2005

Right, Distiller Job Options (now known as "Adobe PDF Settings") is one
instance where you can set the resolution.

But you also find it in the properties of your Adobe PDF printer driver
instance. If I may quote the great Dov Isaacs:

"Properties => General (tab) => Printing Preferences ... (button) =>
Layout (tab) => Advanced (button)

    Open trees and make sure that the following are set
    (other options leave at original default settings):

        Graphic => Print Quality => 600dpi

        Why? Gets around known Windows 2000/XP GDI bug associated
        with large point size & high resolution text being converted
        to outlines. Also gets around FrameMaker bug associated with
        higher resolution settings in combination with large page sizes
        (similar bug in other applications as well). Using this setting
        does not restrict the resolution at which the PDF file can
        print and has no known bad effects."

Best regards

Yves Barbion
Technical Writer