Framemaker to Apple's Pages

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Wed Dec 14 07:37:26 PST 2005

On 14 Dec 2005, at 15:06, david wrote:

> At 13.56 +0000 05-12-14, Paul Findon wrote/05-12-14, 13.56 +0000 skrev
> Paul Findon
>
>> Getting back to the question, I've not tried this, but I think RTF is
>> the only way to go.
>
> Framemaker can export to .doc, can't it? Since Pages imports that,
> wouldn't migration path possibly retain more information than RTF?
> Anyone tried?

That's what I thought. But it wasn't an option when I checked. However,
like Apple, I use FrameMaker 6.0. Just checked FrameMaker 7.0 and, sure
enough, Word is a save-as option. So, yes, FrameMaker->Word->Pages is
another route. As you say, it should retain more info, but I've read
some unfavorable reports about Pages' Word import/export ability on
Apple's forums, so your milage may vary.

Paul