Numbering question on short books that are single files

Robert Kern bob at technicalpublishing.com
Fri Dec 16 09:55:37 PST 2005

All,

I have a very short book (about 180 pages) that is multiple chapters but
is currently a single Frame file.  I'd like to keep it as a single file,
but am uncertain how to apply chapter-like chapter/figure/table
numbering and page numbering if things are in a single file.

How would I go from roman to arabic numbering as I leave the from matter
and enter the first chapter?
How would I increment the chapnum value at the start of each chapter?

Probably the only good answer is to break the book un into separate
files, but hoping there might be a slick use of markers as an easy work
around.

-bob

Robert Kern
President, TIPS Technical Publishing, Inc.
108 E. Main Street, Suite 4
Carrboro, NC  27510
www.technicalpublishing.com
bob at technicalpublishing.com