Apply Default Attribute Values

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Mon Dec 19 04:59:44 PST 2005

At 01:25 AM 12/19/2005, Shlomo Perets wrote:
>A quick note related to previous posts in this thread: EDDs support the
>specification of a default value for attributes declared as optional, but
>not for attributes declared as required.

Shlomo,
   Of course--having a default contradicts requiring a value to be specified!

   I don't know if my previous message on this thread made it through, but
FM's notion of attribute default values came directly from SGML/XML.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284