Character Catalog Doesn't Display

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Dec 19 11:14:25 PST 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:07:56 -0800 (PST), Joy O
<poetessintexas at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Has anyone had this problem?  Help!  I click my
>Character Catalog icon and ZERO happens.  I get my
>paragraph catalog, my tools pallet... everything but
>the character catalog.

It *is* possible to move it off-screen so far that
you can't grab it any more.  In that case, it's
gone forever.  ;-0  Just kidding!  It doesn't
have to be a bad hair day...  ;-)

With Frame closed, open maker.ini (or fmsgml.ini
if you use FM+SGML 6 or earlier) in the Frame
home directory with a text editor like Notepad.
Find the "CCatalog" entry under [DialogLayout],
and edit the first two numbers to be "0, 0".
That's the screen position, and will put the
catalog in the top left corner; you can then
move it to wherever you really want it.  Make
sure the last two numbers are *not* 0; they
are the width and height, "130, 180" is good.
So you might wind up with:

[DialogLayout]
MakerWin=3, -1, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 640, 400
PCatalog=500, 40, 130, 180
CCatalog=0, 0, 130, 180

HTH!