default fonts in Framemaker 6

patrick scully pscully at redact.ie
Wed Dec 21 08:34:32 PST 2005

Dear Framemaker users,

Is it possible to change the default font
(currently Times New Roman) that Framemaker uses
for paragraph, character, table formats etc?

I have looked in maker.ini, but its font defaults
relate ONLY to what font substitutions are made
where a user doesn't have a particular font.

I don't EVER want to use Times New Roman or any
other Truetype font in a document that I prepare
for commercial printing. Distiller fails to
produce press-quality PDF files if it finds any
Truetype fonts. And it can be very difficult to
find exactly where the Truetype font is lurking in a Framemaker document.

The only workaround I can see currently is to
delete everything from the paragraph, character
and table catalogs, and start from scratch.

Thanks

Patrick Scully, Director
Rédacteurs Ltd, 165 Howth Road, Dublin 3
00 353 1 8330444
00 353 87 2362563
www.redact.ie

* Economic & Technology Reports * Policies & Procedures
* User Documentation * Information Mapping Training