Text with colored background

Bill Briggs web at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Dec 22 09:10:10 PST 2005

At 4:31 PM +0100 12/22/05, David ARNOULT - Marketing Operations wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>Is there a possibility in FM to define a character style with a background
>color? Objective would be to define a character style with a grey background
>to mean a button in a software to click, for instance... Like in Word when
>you highlight a text in yellow... has anyone done this before in FM v7.1 on
>PC?
>
>Thanks for your expertise!

 None of the kludges to work around this are pretty, but I like the one I use much better than any of the suggestions posted so far. Just put in a new equation, and in the equation pallet, click on Symbols, then click on start string. Type your text in the quotes, select the frame and use the graphics pallet to colour the fill as you wish, then shrinkwrap the equation. You have to spell carefully because the spell checking doesn't look in the equation box, and it doesn't break across two lines, but if it's a short bit of text then this isn't a problem. This is a lot less messy than fussing with tables or anchored frames with text strings that require manual sizing.

- web