printing to Docutek issue ... rasters looking 300dpi (pixelly)

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 02:33:47 PST 2005

At 1:17 pm -0800 28/12/05, Sean wrote:

> Printing to a Xerox Docutek from a PDF (version 1.4 compatibility created created in Acrobat 7) from FrameMaker 7, the screen captures look low-res, 300-dpi-ish (a bit pixelly).

There are some good white papers around that deal with optimizing screenshots. One, by Brad Anderson, is available from the Downloads -> White Papers section of the FrameUsers site, anther two, 'Screen Captures 101' and 'Screen Captures 102', by Sean Brierley, are 'out there' and you should be able to find them with Google. If not, I can send you copies off-list.
--
Steve