Adding insult to injustice

carpentn at genco.com carpentn at genco.com
Mon Nov 21 05:11:50 PST 2005

I feel your pain, Bill, although I am not a Mac user.  I don't want to
learn a new tool and convert my documents.  So I will use Frame until it is
absolutely impossible to continue (hopefully, after I retire), despite
whether Adobe still supports it, as long as my OS can still run it.

Still, the only effects I can envision, should FrameMaker die, are that we
will get no more enhancements/upgrades and replacement CDs, this discussion
group might disappear so we would get no more advice, and I would be forced
to move to XML, a move that my brain has not yet been able to accomplish.
I won't bother to buy another high-end package unless I can't find another
writer who can use XML when I retire.

So keep your CDs safe and print out all the FrameUsers advice that you need
to keep.  And have a happy holiday season.  I intend to overeat for a month
and think about it later.  : )

Nancy Carpenter
Lead Technical Writer
GENCO Distribution System
100 Papercraft Park
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238

                      "Combs, Richard"
                      <richard.combs at Polycom.com>           To:       framers at FrameUsers.com (Framers List)
                      Sent by:                              cc:
                      bounce-framers-61185 at lists.Fra        Subject:  RE: Adding insult to injustice
                      meUsers.com

                      11/17/2005 11:09 AM
                      Please respond to "Combs,
                      Richard"

Bill Swallow wrote:

> I'm having a hard time understanding why so many folks are
> becoming so emotional over Adobe as of late. I mean, yes,
> they make a tool I use, but it's only one of 14 tools I use
> regularly. If Adobe or any of the other vendors decides to
> kill a product or change direction, I'm certainly not going
> to take it personally... Am I missing some kind of symbiotic
> life-bond with FrameMaker or something???
>
> The message you copied indicated leading software brands... I
> would assume that a relatively unchallenged niche tool
> wouldn't be a good representation of a brand leader, but
> there I go being pesimistic again. ;-)

No, Bill, you're just being objective, rational, and realistic. In other
words, you're not a Mac user.

(Grinning, ducking, running)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-777-0436
------

Archives: http://lists.frameusers.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?visit=framers
Website: http://www.FrameUsers.com
Administration: listadmin at FrameUsers.com

You are subscribed to framers as: carpentn at genco.com
Send a blank email to leave-framers-61185N at lists.FrameUsers.com to
unsubscribe.