[framers] Conditional text

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Wed Nov 23 06:14:39 PST 2005

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "tracing" conditional text.
But to answer the second part of the question, when you attempt
to delete a condition tag (highlight the tag in the Conditional Text
dialog, click Edit Condition Tag, click Delete) FrameMaker will
present a further dialog (asking whether you wish to delete the
tagged text or make it unconditional) if and only if the tag is
applied to some text in the current file. If the tag is not applied
to anything in the file, the tag is simply deleted.

For managing conditional tags, the best solution is to use a
series of FrameMaker template files for each set of conditions
rather than some external file type. The text of each file explains
when the condition set should be used, what conditions will be
set in particular ways, and even step-by-step instructions on how
to do this. But the real value is that this file is set up with the
particular set of conditional text settings so that all you need
to do is use File>Import>Formats to import them from the
template into the file or book that you are working with.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ