[dita-users] examples of documentation developed with DITA?

Yves Barbion ybarbion at uni-learning.com
Tue Nov 29 00:06:18 PST 2005

Hi Jiri,

I've been told that the Adobe CS2 documentation (a.k.a. "the Adobe Help
Center") has been written with the DITA model. If you want to see this,
you can download a trial version of, say, Adobe InDesign CS2. If you
install Adobe InDesign CS2, you will also have the Adobe Help Center.
You can download a trial version of InDesign CS2 here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=31

In the Adobe Help Center, you will clearly see the topic structure, and
this "chunking mechanism" is what I like about this Help. What I miss,
however, is "See also" or "Related Topics" links. For example, you can
read a concept topic, but it would have been nice if there had been some
links to related task topics. It has been done in some topics, but not
enough.

In the Adobe Help Center, each topic is a new (HTML) page. In Help
written according to the Information Mapping (IMAP) model, you would
have a couple of topics ("blocks") collected into a "map" and a map is a
new HTML page. You can see an example of this here:

http://www.certifiedpdf.net/gotohelp

Best regards

Yves Barbion
Technical Writer