Fonts not embedding in PDF 1.6

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesyn.co.nz
Tue Nov 29 16:59:20 PST 2005

> Reader 7 (my client hasn't bought Acro 7 yet) lists all of the fonts I've used
in Frame under Document Properties > Fonts with each followed by "(Embedded
Subset), TrueType, Ansi encoding".

Umm. This sounds like the fonts are embedding. The "subset" just means that only the characters that the PDFs actually use are embedded. Not a problem unless you want to add text to the PDF itself.

> One chapter has 52 pages in both Frame and PDF, but while the last text in
Frame is on p51, the last text in the PDF is on p 50 (with 2 blanks following).

There's a known bug that sometimes causes text to drop out of PDFs for no apparent reason. The solution is to drop the Distiller or Adobe PDF driver's Graphic > Print Quality setting dpi. Drop it to 300dpi first, then if that fixes the problem put it up to 600.

To find the setting, from the Start menu, get to the printer properties.

Then there are two places that you have to changes for the printer
instance to work properly. First under the Printing Preferences >
Layout > Advanced... button and then again under Properties > Advanced
> Printing Defaults > Layout > Advanced... button.
(This paragraph of text came from Arnis Gubis on the Adobe Frame forum. Thanks, Arnis!)

This setting is called "Print Quality" but I gather it actually only affects the granularity of object placement. Dropping it to 600 or even 300 is almost never a problem.

Cheers, Rebecca

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.