Can I use same files on both Mac and Windows platforms?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 03:39:45 PST 2005

At 4:14 pm -0500 29/11/05, Beth Dickinson wrote:

>If I have a client who has FrameMaker 7.0 files on the Mac, can I work on those same files on the PC in a Windows version of FrameMaker 7.0?  Will the client be able to open them back up on the Mac?  If not, what kind of conversion process is needed?

Others have given you good answers to this, but I don't think anyone has mentioned graphics.

The PC and Mac editions of FrameMaker have different sets of graphics import filters: many graphics formats can be imported by both versions, but there are a few exceptions. For example, the Mac cannot import BMP files. However, if a file for which a graphics filter is missing on one platform is round-tripped, all should be well when it is opened again on the platform that does have the required graphic filter.
--
Steve