Fonts not embedding in PDF 1.6

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 07:58:13 PST 2005

Is your default printer the same one that you use when creating the PDF
(which *should* be the "Adobe PDF" printer)?  The kind of behavior you
describe sounds like the kind of thing that happens when you change
printer driver on a Windows system, since the font metrics (the precise
size of each glyph in your document) are provided by the printer driver.
This is the cause of those annoying "font information has changed"
warning messages. And the reason why FrameMaker warns you about
the font informaiton change is that small changes in font metrics can
accumulate just enough to change a line break or two, and those
line breaks changes can accumulate into page break changes, and
that can change the overall page count. The differences are most
pronounced when switching between PostScript and non-PostScript
printers or switching from a particularly low-res printer.

My opinion only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ