Blank pages [WAS: Framers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 23]

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 07:11:21 PDT 2006

I think the problem here is that with technical manuals you are
addressing people of different ethnic origins, languages etc. Many
foreigners can read the "English jargon" they have learned that
relates to their jobs and interests, but may have problem reading
regular text or "jargon" relating to other technical fields such as
publishing and printing.

I have had questions from several people: "What does pagination mean?"

"Intentionally Left Blank" serves the purpose of indicating in words
comprehensible to most that there is no contents missing on that page
-- that the page is not blank by accident, s.a. duplicate paper feed
etc. So if we want to change this the text must be replaced by some
other text easily understandable by foreigners that have only minor
general konwledge in English.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Supervisor Publishing, Flight Support
Air Atlanta Icelandic