Framemaker on Mac

James Monaco JMonaco at UNET.net
Fri Apr 7 10:15:56 PDT 2006

Much more interesting to Mac Framemaker users than Apple's Boot Camp
are Parallels' XP emulator (now shipping beta) and -- especially --
the Open Source project for something called "Darwine". Based on
Wine, a Linux project, Darwine will allow a user to run a Windows
application under OS X. Not only don't you not boot Windows, you
don't even buy it.

I have no idea how stable this will be, or whether Wine works well on
Linux, and of course there will be glitches, but the concept is
remarkable.

Think of the ramifications: my guess is that many Windows users love
their aps not their OS. And if Darwine beats Vista to market. Hmmnn....

More info here:

	http://ct.enews.eweek.com/rd/cts?d=186-3462-2-79-99483-407346-0-0-0-1

and here:

	http://darwine.opendarwin.org/