Frame Crashing

Bob Colwell bob.colwell at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 10:41:04 PDT 2006

Back in 1987 I had been using Framemaker for a couple of years, when
a new version came out that included a networking feature. I tried
using it, and found that everything had slowed to a crawl. I sent off
a blistering review of the new product to Framemaker, and got an email
back a few days later from the president of the company, apologizing
for our troubles, expressing surprise, and suggesting some experiments
to try to pinpoint the problem. The first experiment showed that it was
our own (new) network causing the problem. I sent a contrite "whoops,
never mind" to Framemaker. Had this been a Windows network (impossible
in 1987, yeah I know) I would have suspected that right away...-BobC