Problem with the master pages

Sindhu tw sindutw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 05:55:15 PDT 2006

Hello All,

Thank you very much for giving the solution for the problem. I tried with
the option that you all told me. I am facing this problem for only one
particular file.....inspite of taking note of all the points. I am not sure
why this is happening for only that file....but as its a small file i
created the file again....and thats working fine.

Thank you all once again

Regards,
Sindu

On 4/7/06, Lester C. Smalley <lsmalley at infocon.com> wrote:

> On Friday, April 07, 2006 08:12 AM, Steve Rickaby wrote:
>
> | At 16:56 +0530 7/4/06, Sindhu tw wrote:
> |
> | > We are using Unstructured frame maker in our company. I want to
> | > display a message  at the center of the last page. I created a
> | > master page and included a text frame with the message inside
> | > it along with the headers and footers..and applied that master
> | > page on to last page .....i am able to view headers and footer
> | > for the same ....but not the message in the text frame.
> | > Can u please tell me what might be the problem.
> |
> | Yes: you probably put the message in the main A flow on the
> | master page. FrameMaker does not display objects placed in
> | tagged flows on master pages. Try again, selecting the
> | 'Background Text' option.
> |
> | If you *did* select the background text option, I don't know
> | what the problem is.
> | --
> | Steve
>
> A possibility is that the created text frame on the master page overlays
> the main, tagged (foreground) text frame.  Regardless of this
> positioning and appearance, the background text frame will be positioned
> behind the tagged frame on the body page.  The fill pattern for the main
> text frame is most likely solid white - thus opaque - and anything
> beneath it will be hidden from view.
>
> There are two solutions: either you delete the tagged frame from the
> master page; or you can change the fill pattern of the tagged frame to
> NONE so it is transparent, thereby allowing the added background frame
> and its message to be visible.
>
> - Lester
> Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
> Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
> Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/sindutw%40gmail.com
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit