another questions on XML import

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Tue Apr 11 09:18:41 PDT 2006

At 01:20 AM 4/11/2006, Wim Hooghwinkel \(Scriptware\) wrote:
>If the error message:  " Message: Entity 'lang' was not found " appears,
>and the entity has been defined in the rules file, what can be wrong? Do I
>need an extra pointer in the DTD for these entitys?
>
>I defined the entity (entity "⟨" is fm char "[";) before the #include
>"isoall.rw"  statement.

Wim,
   You must declare the entity in the DTD as well as supporting it with a
read/write rule:

      <!ENTITY lang "[">

Furthermore, the name of the entity is "lang"; the leading & and closing ;
delimit the entity reference from surrounding text. Therefore, the r/w rule
you need is:

      entity "lang" is fm char "[";

Hope this helps,

         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284