Bleeding Thumb Tabs

donandjudy1 donandjudy1 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 11 11:51:46 PDT 2006

Hi, folks:

Has anyone among you used Brad Anderson's "Bleeding Thumb Tabs" white paper?
I've been struggling with it for days and need some help.

To begin with, I have no idea what a "placeholder" or "anchor frame" tag is.
Just a body text tag with a different name? I've tried to do my homework on
this and have come up empty.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, when I create the anchored frame at the end of the
long, narrow text frame, and choose to anchor it "at insertion point" with
the cursor blinking within the skinny frame, the new frame sticks to the top
of the text frame and extends downward, rather that sticking to the top of
the frame and extending upward as shown in Brad's illustrations. Thereby, I
cannot add the running header into the long text box because the cursor
position is hidden by the new black anchored frame. Plus, when rotated, the
dark anchored box does not take up the correct position on the edge of the
page.

I've tried Brad directly on this, but assume he's currently overwhelmed. So
I'm presenting my plight to the group.

Am running on FM 7.2. And am creating the thumb tabs in a blank document
with the intention of pasting them into the master pages of an already
completed book.

Thanks in advance for any and all.

~ Don Spencer