online help

Martha J Davidson editrix at nemasys.com
Tue Apr 11 14:09:37 PDT 2006

I also use WebWorks. Creating online help from FrameMaker
source is a bit more complex than just running the source
files through a WebWorks template. It involves some amount
of planning and organizing your source files, choosing a help
format you want to produce, and creating a WebWorks conversion
template. At that point it really is a matter of running the conversion
and reviewing the generated help.

Many people on this list and on the HATT list
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HATT)
can help you with the planning parts. If you choose WebWorks, the
people on the WebWorks list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp-users)
will also be able to help.

As I said, though, the planning is the most important part.
Knowing what you want to accomplish before you start will
make the whole process work much more smoothly.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words
editrix at nemasys.com

"Too many words bring about exhaustion."
      --Tao Te Ching, Chapter 5 (translated by Sheets/Tovey)