online help

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Tue Apr 11 14:19:23 PDT 2006

Hi, Donna:

The mechanics, as Gillian noted, once you develop a reliable process
stream, don't add much effort to creating the output.

However, if your requirements for content that's appropriate for help
differ from content that's appropriate for your other delivery
formats, you'll need to learn to mark the content for each, and
process the outputs appropriately. Again, the hardware and software
tools can do this without getting tired, but the authors need to be
mindful of each audience and delivery method while developing the
content.

You might want to post also to the lists at techwr-l.com, and the
opinions on help authoring effort, practices, etc.

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices