Content Management

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Tue Apr 11 16:51:43 PDT 2006

Hoo-boy!

I am using Plone (www.plone.org). Free, and lots of users, but not easy
to learn. There are other free ones out there. Most of them are very
general-purpose; they organize *anything*. Plone, for example, is just a
framework for storing and indexing content. It has its own database and
server.

IMHO (of course):
* Any free system requires a lot of work: documentation is disorganized,
and in general the system is "grow-your-own". That's why it's *free*.
* Any system that does pretty much what you want to do is expensive; it
matches your needs because lots of people took the time and effort to
design it that way. They have to be paid, and you're (and similar
customers) are the payers.
* Any system that does *exactly* what you want is expensive to buy *and*
needs continuing support. Cuz no system does exactly what you want, out
of the box.

Those are the 3 rules of software applications. They haven't changed
since the big Kahuna first installed Universe 1.0.

Joe

	 Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.