Text Inset Issue, was Framers Digest, Vol 6, Issue 13

Keith Arnett Keith.Arnett at webMethods.com
Fri Apr 14 06:49:13 PDT 2006

Hi Joan,

When you are importing the text inset, make sure that on the Import Text
Flow by Reference dialog box, you have the "Reformat Using Current
Document's Formats" option selected, and not "Retain Source's Formatting."

Regards,

Keith

--------------------------------
Keith Arnett
Senior Technical Writer
webMethods, Inc.\ Fairfax VA

-----Original Message-----

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 03:51:44 -0700
From: "Joan Robins" <joan at joanrobins.com>
Subject: RE: Framers Digest, Vol 6, Issue 13
To: <framers at lists.frameusers.com>

Text Insets take on formatting of source document ALWAYS!

Has anyone noticed that unless you choose plain text, the imported text
inset will have the formatting of the document that you are importing FROM
and not the one into which the text inset is going?

I'm sure it used to work in Frame 6. Wow, it sure makes my life difficult!!

Could someone else test and see if my findings are correct??

Much appreciated.

Joan Robins Consulting, Inc.
joan at joanrobins.com