FM > XML > FM Table Problem

Lofthouse Marsha-PT1816 Marsha.Lofthouse at motorola.com
Tue Apr 18 17:35:20 PDT 2006

I'm getting the following error - many of them - when I save a
structured FM file as xml and then try to open it in FM:

<path>; line 70
FrameMaker cannot insert the table cell (Entry) at the current position.
A cell must be in a table row.

The file validates as does the EDD.

The EDD defines Row as follows:
Element (Table Row): Row
General rule: Entry+

The EDD defines Entry as follows:
Element (Table Cell): Entry
General rule: (<TEXT> | (lots of stuff here) )

When I look at the xml file saved from FM, I see what I want:
<AnchorTable>
<Table xreftarget = "blah">
<TCaption>More blah blah</TCaption>
<THead>
<Row>
<Entry>Stuff Here</Entry>
<Entry>More Stuff</Entry>
<Entry>And yet more stuff</Entry>
</Row>
</THead>
<TBody>
<Row>
<Entry>Blah here</Entry>
<Entry>More blah</Entry>
<Entry>And yet more blah</Entry>
</Row>
</TBody>
</Table>
</AnchorTable>

However, if I view the xml file after opening it in FM, I see:
<AnchorTable>
<Table xreftarget = "blah">
<TCaption>More blah blah</TCaption>
<THead>
<Row>
<Entry>Stuff Here More Stuff And yet more stuff</Entry>
</Row>
</THead>
<TBody>
<Row>
<Entry>Blah here More blah And yet more blah</Entry>
</Row>
</TBody>
</Table>
</AnchorTable>

The text for the three Entry tags for each row is all in a single Entry
tag giving me a single column table rather than a 3 column table.

I do not have any R/W rules yet.

Thanks in advance for any clues or suggestions you can provide.

Marsha Lofthouse
Motorola, Inc., Public Safety Applications
The Americas Group - Content Development
Boulder Design Center
Marsha.Lofthouse at motorola.com
303.527.4178