Printing Thumb Tabs

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Wed Apr 19 10:42:06 PDT 2006

At 10:30 AM -0700 4/19/06, donandjudy1 wrote:
>Hi, folks:
>
>With the help of several stalwart frameusers, I successfully created thumb
>tabs along the edge of a version of my fixit book.
>However, my inkjet printer won't print close enough to the edge for the tabs
>to "bleed." It will create the tabs with the text which can be viewed by
>flipping through the book sideways, but they won't show when the book is
>closed.

Hi, Don:

Look thoroughly through your printer's settings and options,
especially any labeled "advanced." Some offer the ability to print
closer to the edge of the paper with the caution that these edge
areas may lose some quality.

Also, search your printer-manufacturer's Web site for solutions on
printing closer to the edge on your model. There may be a newer
printer driver or other workaround.

HTH