Text appearing in fm file, but not in pdf

Jim Light jlight at pillardata.com
Wed Apr 26 06:41:59 PDT 2006

Nathan,
I had this problem a short time ago.

The problem of vanishing table heading content is a bug in FrameMaker.
The workaround is to print to a PostScript file and then distill that.
It works like a charm.

The bug manifests itself when you have the combination of shaded cells,
PDF tagging is turned on in PDF setup, and you try to Save as PDF. I
need the shading and tagging, so I used the workaround. I assume that
turning off tagging or unshading would also work.

Jim