Creating Popup menus in FrameMaker

Bill Briggs web at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Apr 26 12:20:53 PDT 2006

At 11:47 AM -0700 4/26/06, Daniel Emory wrote:
>--- "Carol J. Elkins" <celkins at awrittenword.com>
>wrote:
>> Good post, Dan. However, I'm trying to visualize
>your
>> statement, "...clicking on this button produced a
>> menu of links to major subject areas..." The
>> button part I understand, the menu of links I'm
>> struggling with. A popup menu? If so, could you tell
>> me how you achieve the menu of links functionality?
>You asked how a popup menu is created in FrameMaker.
>Here’s the procedure:

 Popups in FrameMaker are a treat. I made a little book for myself once (it had all sorts of stuff in it related to work, an address book, and a ton of other stuff) and I used it in printed form daily, but it had popups and hyperlink buttons for navigation in the software version. It was a great way to get around the book. I've used them in a few other places too, sometimes with an "invisible" button, so there was nothing in the printed version. Always loved that feature.

 - web