Variable length rule below paragraph

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 02:12:31 PDT 2006

At 09:17 +0200 27/4/06, Yves Barbion wrote:

>I have done this by including the paragraph in a one-cell table. You can
>make a dedicated table format (with bottom ruling only) and resize it to the
>width of the cell's contents.

I have faced the same problem, and can confirm that Yves' suggestion is the only way [known to me] to do it. It's a real pain, although the use of SiliconPrairie's Autotext plug-in to pop the heading and subheading cells into the document eases the pain a little.

A related issue is placing a colored background behind all or part of a heading - and the solution is the same.

--
Steve