Phantom index entries

Murray Moore m.moore at csdcsystems.com
Tue Aug 1 06:54:53 PDT 2006

FM 6.0p405
XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2

In my book's index, page numbers are appearing under the Symbols heading; 16, 18, 24, etc.

I traced each of these numbers to its source index marker, e.g. one of the page numbers under the Symbols heading, 34, is the A Year Ago This Month button heading on page 34.

On page 34 I deleted and recreated the index marker. But when I updated the book and the index, 34 continues to display under Symbols.

On page 34 I deleted the index marker. I updated the book and the index. Not only does 16 continue to display under Symbols, but A Year Ago This Month 34 continues to display under the A heading.

Our IT Dept. head suggested I might have exceeded the maximum size for a FM file. I do not think so because I have produced thicker books.

/\/\
Murray Moore
Documentation Department
CSDC Systems Inc.