Indexing Multiple Books?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 11:55:09 PDT 2006

At 10:52 -0700 1/8/06, Patrick Nolan wrote:

>Has anyone ever done this? Would I make multiple books inside one big
>book and generate an index? We're talking a few thousand pages here.

I can second what Art's posted: I've done this too, and it works. Be careful not the change the pagination of your Ur-book! ;-)

Put all the books on line as PDFs and include hyperlnks in the global index and you're really flying. There used to be a requirements to have all relevant files open at the same time to get the links correct, don't know if this still applies.
--
Steve