Solution NOT SOLVED Phantom Index Entries

Murray Moore m.moore at csdcsystems.com
Thu Aug 3 10:49:57 PDT 2006

My problem, Richard, is that I do not have a fm index marker to edit.

I call this entry in my book's index a ghost because its index marker text in Chapter 1 was changed a number of book index updates ago. The new version of that index entry displays in the index, too. When I look at that index marker in Chapter, I see only the revised text.

The older version of that index entry text only is found in the mif version of Chapter 1. When the free-of-the-ghost mif version is saved as the fm version and a stand-alone index is generated (thanks, Roger Shuttleworth), that ghost is gone.

But when the book then is updated, that ghost entry redisplays in my book's index. So the problem seems to occur during the updating of the book/regeneration of the index.

Whooooooo!

/\/\
Murray