SOLVED Index Problems

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:30:47 PDT 2006

It's a long-standing and well-documented bug that manual line
breaks are not permitted in markers. But the problems that are
usually reported are much more drastic than what you have been
seeing (things like application crashes when generating/updating
an index). But because it's hard to see in the marker window
if/when there is a line break present, this is yet another strong
argument in favor of using a marker interface enhancement like
IXgen (my tool of choice) or IndexTools. Any of these tools make
line breaks much more obvious than the standard marker dialog.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ