Error while importing Word documents

Rachna Ganguli rachna.ganguli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 22:01:40 PDT 2006

Doe the word document have a lot of screenshots/graphics? If yes, they
are usually the primary culprits. A lot of times the embedded graphics
bloat a Word document and when that document comes to Frame, the
problem is compounded.

What worked for me was:
1. Removed all the graphics
2. Pasted them into separate gifs
3. Imported by reference

It was a horribly time consuming task, but it did solve the problem.
The import via filters route might seem to be a time-saver. But,
unfortunately, if the document even once complains about corruption,
no matter how many things you change, and the corrupt document seems
fine, the document will in all probability collapse later.

The safest way is the .txt route and a manual adding of the graphics.