Hide text in Framemaker?

John Posada jposada01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 08:21:51 PDT 2006

In fact, just tried it. Created a Master Page called "Notes and
Comments". On the Master Page I inserted a text frame and defined it
as background. Added some text to the text frame.

Came to the body page, added a page to the end of the chanpter, then
defined it with the "Notes and Comments" master page. The comment
text showed fine. Redefined it as Left/Right, the comment text went
away.

Redefined it as "Notes and Comments", comments came back, added more
to the master page, went back to view, the additional text showed
fine. Even sent the page to printer. Printed fine.

What am I missing?

--- John Posada <jposada01 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmm...hadn't thought of that. However, why NOT put it in a
> background text frame?
>
> > Nope, sorry, not unless you put the text in background
> > (header/footer) text frames on the Master Page. Anything
> > you put in the placeholder body text frame on a Master Page
> > is only viewable on the Master Page itself; it does not
> > appear on a body page based on the Master Page.
> > And since Master Pages cannot be printed, it is hard to make any
> > text you place on a Master Page visible to anyone outside the
> > FrameMaker environment.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."