Table Title Alignment Issue

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Thu Aug 10 14:58:22 PDT 2006

In addition to the advice and solutions in the other responses, I
want to point out that tabbing or "space space spacing" are not
very good ways to be aligning text in FrameMaker. The "right"
way to do it is to set the First and Left Indents in the Paragraph
Designer and to give that formatting a name so that you can
replicate it wherever you need it. And this advice applies to all
paragraphs, not just the table tile or headings.  Not using named
styles undercuts much of the power of the FrameMaker document
model.

Also, if you're finding that the printed results do not match the
on-screen display in terms of horizontal positioning, there is a
setting in the maker.ini file (in the main FrameMaker installation
directory) that can improve matters considerable. First, close
FrameMaker if it's open. Next, make a backup copy of maker.ini.
Then open the maker.ini file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and
search for the DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics item, which is in the
"Font Options" section about halfway down in the file. In a
default installation this item will be equated to Off. Change the
value to On, then save the file and re-launch FrameMaker.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ