Importing Pricing ino Frame Document

Ben Slone sloneb at fml.com
Tue Aug 15 07:04:53 PDT 2006

Scott,

I suggest that you have a variety of choices to accomplish publishing
prices into a 1,000 page FrameMaker depending on your work flow needs,
business processes, document requirements, and database (provided you
have one). I am aware of the following companies that have
tools/applications that work with FrameMaker to accomplish database
publishing:

Datalogics [DL Pager] (http://www.datalogics.com)
Datazone Ltd. [Miramo] (http://www.miramo.com)
Finite Matters Ltd. [PatternStream(R) and FrameScript(R)]
(http://www.patternstream.com and http://www.framescript.com)
Guidance [Catalogger] (http://www.guidance.nl)
Mekon [FrameAC(R)] (http://www.mekon.co.uk/)
Refined Reports [Unimerge] (Michael Mark 781-224-9887)
Sabern [BookDB] (http://www.sabern.nl/dbp.html)
Shared Content Solutions (http://www.databasepub.com)

Each tool has its pros and cons, which I won't address here. Naturally,
I'm very biased towards PatternStream and FrameScript. In addition to
these applications and tools, you may also use the FrameMaker API (Frame
Developers Kit - FDK) to develop a mission critical solution.

On the Adobe web site, you will find a white paper entitled "Database
Publishing in Adobe FrameMaker 7.2" at
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/pdfs/FM_DatabasePub.pdf.

Disclaimers:

(1) This list may not include all organizations that advertise database
publishing solutions that work with FrameMaker and may contain some
inaccuracies. There was no intent to leave anyone off the list or report
in error.

(2) I work for Finite Matters Ltd., the company that develops and sells
PatternStream and FrameScript. PatternStream is patent number 6,282,539.

As always, I'd be interested in learning of other database publishing
service and product providers if anyone is aware of someone I've missed
- or of an error that I have made in the list.

BTW, can you describe how your company's CatalogConnectPro functions?

Thanks,

Ben Slone
Finite Matters Ltd.
804-556-1180 main office number