Changing FM7.2 default parameters

John Posada jposada01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 10:35:36 PDT 2006

David...What do you do, when you want to launch the specific
configuration, launch the appropriate batch file which does the INI
swap then calls the EXE to start FM?

Or do you do it in two steps; run the right batch file, then launch
FM.

--- "Spreadbury, David" <david.spreadbury at tellabs.com> wrote:

> John,
> The greatest advantage I have found in this 'other' maker.ini is
> the
> ability to have two maker.ini profiles. At work I run dual monitors
> off
> a laptop. When I use the laptop by itself, I run a batch file that
> swaps
> two maker.ini files (maker_laptop.ini and maker_desktop.ini). I
> have two
> sets of coordinates for the structure view, which is the one entry
> really care about when switching from-to laptop/desktop. This way,
> if I
> remember to run the batch file, I'm always able to access the
> structure
> view.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."