Framemaker vs. Flare

John Posada jposada01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 11:18:41 PDT 2006

> Has anyone compared the functionality of Adobe Framemaker 7.2 with
> Madcap Software's (formerly Robohelp) Flare?
>
> I am trying to decide which one to go with for the
> documentation for my company. Framemaker seems to be the
> industry standard, but is Flare just as good? Any thoughts?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the FM functionality in the
Madcap product is, as of right now, still under very limited alpha
testing and has not even gone beta yet.

Besides, and again, correct me, but Madcap's FM-wannabe is going to
be called Blaze, and I don't know if that's even hit alpha yet.

So...if you are looking to implement something in the next couple of
quarters and want FM-type binary files, you're choice may be limited.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."