Framemaker vs. Flare

David Schor Davids at emblaze-vcon.com
Mon Aug 21 02:39:07 PDT 2006

Sorry to chime in late. I hadn't had a chance to open all my mail since
Thursday.

First of all, we're talking a bit about apples and oranges. FrameMaker
is a desktop publishing tool while Flare is an online Help, XML-based
authoring tool. The two may work hand-in-hand in the near future. For
several months, I've understood that Flare v2.0, scheduled for release
in the coming months, is supposed to be able to support import of
FrameMaker files (not via MIFs, but actual FM files) as it does for Word
files.

David Schor
Technical Communication Manager
Emblaze-VCON Ltd.
Tel: (+972) 9 7627820
Mobile: 054 4788253
davids at emblaze-vcon.com
www.emblaze-vcon.com

"Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where
you need it."
                                       Doug Larson