FIles of old FM versions

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Tue Aug 22 06:42:02 PDT 2006

Hi, Klaus:

Do you see any messages when you try to open the file?

FrameMaker 7.x can read FrameMaker files as far back as 4.x, I believe.
Your file may be corrupted. One technique that might help is called
"OpenHeroic." This bypasses FrameMaker's validation checks that are
usually performed when opening a file. You perform it with these keystrokes:

* Tap and release Escape
* Tap and release lowercase o
* Tap and release uppercase H
* Locate the file in the openFile dialog box.