CMYK Images in Frame

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 01:39:40 PDT 2006

At 16:35 -0400 23/8/06, eric.dunn at ca.transport.bombardier.com wrote:

>Welcome to the (hellish) world of colourmatching. Fussing with the colour
>on screen is virtually meaningless. If the two are supposed to be the
>same, they SHOULD be the same. If they are displaying differently, they
>undoubtedly are different and do need edited in image editing software.

A tangential remark: I recently worked on a job that used a key color. Although the CMYK mix was matched carefully across all the contributing applications, the actual color displayed totally differently in FrameMaker to Illustrator. When both the imported Illustrator work and the FrameMaker files were combined and output to PDF, the two 'different' colors appeared the same, and correct.

I guess FrameMaker's color rendering is a little behind that of Adobe's CS2 applications.

--
Steve