A Plugin for scrubbing files before localization

Martinek, Carla CMartinek at zebra.com
Thu Aug 24 05:17:31 PDT 2006

Also:

http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html
Paragraph Tools and Character Tools will scrub those formats.

http://www.systec-gmbh.com/en/sites/toolbox.php
Systec Toolbox
Download the program (it is FM-version-specific, so get the right one
for your version of Frame), go through install procedure but do NOT
select any of the modules to install.  The free utilities will still
install, which include the option to delete all UNUSED:
-paragraph formats
-character formats
-user-defined variables
-xref formats
-table formats
-color definitions

The paid modules have lots of neat options as well, but I haven't been
able to purchase those yet.

I beleive that Mif2Go, if you install it, gives you a free option to
"wash via mif" your files, which may remove some stubborn color settings
that refuse to be delete elsewise. (I've had docs that somehow have 100
definitions for the color black, which cannot be deleted by normal
means.  Saving as MIF is the ony way to purge them.)

NOTE: CleanImport will delete ALL styles that you have in use, which is
what some people need in some circumstances.  I'm not sure if it leave
the styles with the modified indicator (*stylename) so you can tell what
they used to be, but be careful.  Try it on a copy of your doc to make
sure it does what you expect it to and want it to.

Carla
cmartinek | zebra | com