Quieries related to Frame maker

Karen Mardahl k.mardahl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 05:57:08 PDT 2006

Hi Jaya

You asked several questions, including:
> 1.       Is there any option available to generate pdf s using a script on a
> Unix machine without opening the Framemaker?

My understanding is that the answer here is No.

One of my engineers developed a program to take some information from
Unix that uses XML and turn it into a MIF file in FrameMaker. This
becomes a major part of a chapter that I need. I open it and save it
as an .fm file in my Windows version of FrameMaker. He is a very
clever programmer, if I may say so, and he did try to produce the MIF
file without opening FrameMaker, but he could not. This means he could
not roll out this solution to other programmers because they do not
have FrameMaker licenses. In this particular situation, he would love
some sort of floating license for the department. This was turning
into a bigger project that either of us had time for, so we have not
researched any farther. At this point, my information to you is
therefore, no, you will have to open FrameMaker.

Others may have different insights, but I hope this helps a bit.

regards, Karen Mardahl