Double-clicking *.fm file in dir no longer opens file

Niels Fanøe NFA at maconomy.dk
Tue Aug 29 01:52:17 PDT 2006

Hi,

You are currently failing to open files because there are spaces in the filename.

In the registration database, make sure that the key
My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\applications\FrameMaker.exe\shell\Open\Command

-has the value
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.1\FrameMaker.exe" "%1"

-the path should naturally reflect your own setup. The point is that both the path to the application (FrameMaker) and the parameter (%1) should be enclosed in quotes.

HTH
Niels