FrameMaker 7.0 print error

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 08:58:40 PDT 2006

Do the images show up in the FM file in Windows OK?

Given the network changes, it's barely possible that the permissions
for the graphics didn't get updated -- if they're owned by the other
group or another user, your new account may not have suffecient
permissions to open and print 'em.

Art

On 8/30/06, Nanna P. Vig <nannavig at gmail.com> wrote:
> My otherwise stable FrameMaker 7.0p578 on Win XP SP2 all of a sudden
> displays a print error, when I try to print a book to a PS file using Adobe
> Distiller.
> It says: "Cannot print some imported images. Click OK to continue" followed
> by an error dialog: "An error occurred while printing" and then the printing
> stops. The same book will, however, print on the Mac (FM 7.0 on 0S 10.3)
> with no errors. And the images have not changed and used to print fine on
> the PC.
>
> The error occurs when I work on our server and when I work locally on the
> PC. On the PC I also use WWPublisher ePro 9.2.1 and Acrobat 5.05 plus Reader
> 7.0.
>
> Since we recently changed workgroup in our department and I changed user on
> my PC I thought that this could be the cause of the problem, and I decided
> to remove and reinstall Frame and its patches, but to no avail. What am I
> missing in solving this problem?
>
> Thanks anyone for any clues.
> Nanna

                             No disclaimers apply.