Greyscale

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Fri Dec 1 10:49:54 PST 2006

Please repeat after me ...

	Adobe Illustrator is NOT, repeat NOT, repeat yet
	again NOT a general purpose PDF editor.

Adobe Illustrator only "understands" a subset of PDF,
the subset that corresponds to the objects, modes, and
options of Illustrator. The only PDF file that is "safe"
to open in Adobe Illustrator is a PDF file saved in
that version (or earlier) version of Illustrator using
the "save editabilty" option. Opening any other PDF
file subjects that file to loss of and changes to
content.

Don't do it! It is not recommended or supported by
Adobe in any way, shape, or form. Use Acrobat 7 Pro
or Acrobat 8 Pro to do such color conversions.

	- Dov