Current Online help standard

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:23:06 PST 2006

There isn't a "standard" anything for online help. Depends on your
application, OS, and your inclinations. You may want to review
http://hat-matrix.com/ for ideas.

My own preference is to single source in FM and output to OmniHelp or
HTML help through omsys.com's MIF2Go plug-in. Other people prefer to
use Webworks, usually the Pro version, to extract from FM.

Art

On 12/5/06, Susan Curtzwiler <smcurtzwiler at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Please, what is the current standard for online help?
>   Is this now built into FrameMaker? Can I use 7.0 or do I need 7.2?
>
>   I've heard that RoboHelp is on its way out. If I develop a rather large doc (~200pgs) in Robo, will I be sorely outdated?
>
>   Thanks,
>   Sue

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358